OpTaliX Version 8.16
• Multi-processor versions of OpTaliX-PRO/EDU now available in 32-bit and 64-bit for all version numbers higher than 8.xx. Note that versions 7.xx or lower are now considered obsolete. Updates are still available but users are encouraged to switch to versions 8.xx or higher (requires exchange of dongles).
• ISO drawing user dialog improved. Previously fields in the ISO dialog were automatically overwritten which made editing of parameters awkward.
• Wavefront aberration plot has been extended with contour and false-colour plot styles. Previously, only a perspective wire-grid plot style was supported.
• Support of Unicode character sets.
• PSF diagonal field calculations now takes active/inactive field settings into account. Previously, inactive fields were calculated irrespective of the active/inactive field setting in the configuration dialog.
Faster convergence during ray aiming in extreme wide-angle lenses.
Bug Fixes (also included in version 7.80):
• A potential program crash eliminated which occured occasionally on restoring optical design files. The crash was due to a memory allocation error on files with extended number of fields.
• Macro language: Brackets within a text string (i.e. enclosed by apostrophes or double quotes) no longer issue an error message with termination of the macro.
• Macro Language: Unexpected lower-case formatting in PRINT command corrected. Previously, mixed formatted output instructions resulted in an all lower-case output string, thereby ignoring text formatting enclosed in ampersands or double quotes.
• Macro language: Parser error in nested SIN- and COS-functions, e.g. of the form "acos(cos(1))" corrected. Previously the innermost function was not correctly interpreted.
• Import of Zemax files could fail due to an incorrect parameter assignment, and if the file was stored in Unicode format.
• Automatic scaling of ray intersection plots (RIS) improved. Previously, forcing automatic scaling by entering scale factor 0 resulted in an empty plot.
• A crash in the Zernike Editor was eliminated. It occured on repeated calls to the Zernike dialog.
• In the glass manager option, private (melt) glasses could created but were not recognized by the program. Now corrected.
• Import of Zemax files could fail due to an incorrect parameter assignment.
• A crash in the Zernike Editor was eliminated, which could occur on repeated calls of the Zernike dialog.
• In the glass manager option, private/melt glasses could created but were not recognized by the program. Now corrected.
• Grid distortion plot corrected.
• Ray tracing at 2-point hologram surfaces corrected. Erroneously, signs of the two constructing spheres were not correctly considerd.
• Minor tweaks